My Inspiration right now: Mexican Fiesta on The Wedding Shoebox blog

I had the pleasure of taking a trip to Mexico in January. As my husband and I rode around on a scooter in the little town of Progreso, Mexico, I was struck by these bright, colorful papel picado that hung in the streets. My mind began to wander and think about a wedding.... Here is the inspiration board I came up with for the fabulous new inspiration blog The Wedding Shoebox.


INSPIRATION

Guests settle in for the late afternoon ceremony in a small villa surrounded by warm air, friends and family. A Flamenco guitarist plays in the background as the casual affair gets underway. The bridesmaids emerge in gowns in various pastel colors and the bride follows in a stunning and sleek yet unpretentious lace gown. Traditional Mexican cuisine is served tapas style as guests nosh for hours on end. Everyone dances to the sounds of a mariachi band into the early hours of the morning, when, in Latin tradition, guests are treated to breakfast.

Credits:

1. Papel Picado via Domestic Reflections 2. Stirrings 3. Aaron Delesie via Style Me Pretty 4. Ink & Peat 5. Betsy White 6. Martha Stewart via Style Notes

No comments: