Meet Amanda Gray!

Many of you may- or may not- know we have a Virginia branch of Ashley Baber Weddings. Amanda Gray is the brains behind our Northern operation that services Lynchburg, Roanoke, Blacksburg and the surrounding areas. I thought it was high time she had a proper introduction as she may guest blog from time to time... Here is a little more info about Amanda!

How did you get started in the wedding planning business? I have enjoyed planning weddings since I planned my own almost 4 years ago. I love the little details that go into making each wedding unique for the bride and groom. I have planned many weddings for friends, family and now clients over the years, forming realtionships with vendors in the area and all over Virginia.

What are some of your favorite moments of a client's special day? The best part is knowing that my client's are truly enjoying their day. I also love the planning process with each client- seeing the excitement and anticipation on the couple's faces the first time we meet, sending the bride down the aisle, and the smiles that come the rest of the day from the happy couple and their guests as everyone sees the bride and groom's vision come to fruition.

What is one trend in weddings that you absolutely love? I absolutely love using colors. No more 'blush and bashful!' The combinations of aqua and red, lavender and brown, fushia and navy- the possibilites go on and on! I think these modern combinations can appear trendy, but can also be used in classic ways for the wedding style you are hoping to achieve.


Besides weddings, what are some of your favorite pastimes? I really enjoy exploring Virginia. Don't get me wrong, trips to New York, Florida and Atlanta every so often are nice, but Virginia is where my heart is! Whether its Hokie Football in the Fall, canoeing on the James River in the Spring, or visiting nearby wineries, there's never a dull moment!
Color Palette photos courtesy of the knot

No comments: